- Download all the required files.
- Install Visual Studio Code, the map editor Tiled and Node.js.
- Open Visual Studio Code and install the Raining Chain Editor extension (rce-X.X.X.vsix) via "Install from VSIX...".
- Restart Visual Studio Code.
- Open the Raining Chain Editor Dashboard
- Create a new map/side quest/quest or copy an existing one.
- Try it out by pressing the Test button at the top of the project file.
Outdated information in the video:
- You no longer need to download Raining Chain Game (rainingchain-1.0.0.zip) as it is now embedded in the Raining Chain Editor.
- You no longer need to extract the rainingchain-1.0.0.zip.
- The "npm install" popup upon opening Visual Studio Code has been removed. npm install will be ran automatically upon starting the server the first time.
- "RCE: Help" has been renamed to "Raining Chain".
If you have problems installing the Raining Chain Editor, come get help on the Discord channel.